Baked Chai Doughnuts Covered with Chocolate
Chai spiced hot chocolate is enjoyed iced, hot, and now in homemade doughnuts! Enjoy the spicy, sweet, and chocolaty flavour in these baked doughnuts topped with an addictive dark chocolate glaze.
- 2 tbsp Prana Chai+ ½ cup hot water drained
- 3 cup flour (or gluten-free flour)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp.sea salt
- ¼ cup butter or coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup coconut milk (or any other milk you prefer)
- 5 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp nutmeg powder
- ½ cup dark chocolate buttons
- Line a 6 hole doughnut tin and lightly spray with cooking spray or you can use silicone moulds.Set aside.
- Set your oven to 170°C (338 °F)
- Make the chai syrup (chai + water in a small pot and boil for 2 mins and strain) Set aside
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter and coconut sugar.
- Add vanilla, chai syrup and eggs and mix well.
- Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and salt.
- Using a spatula, fold dry ingredients into the wet mixture until combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared tin up to 80% full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes
- Let cool completely and gently pull up to lift the doughnuts out
- Cover the doughnuts with melted chocolate button (double boiling method)