Chai Spice Mulled Wine
A seasonal drink recipe with a chai twist! Make and serve this Chai Mulled Wine at all of your holiday parties and your guests will be blown away. The delicious flavours of aromatic cinnamon and ginger are perfectly complemented in this seasonal beverage.
- 1 bottle (750 ml) red wine, such as Merlot
- 1/3 cup honey or sugar
- 30g Prana Chai
- Juice of 1 medium orange
- 1 Lemon, sliced and de-seeded
- 1 Apple, sliced and de-seeded
- 30ml brandy
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Orange zest strips for garnish
- Place the fruit, wine, sugar and water into a large saucepan.
- Set the heat to a medium temperature and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Do not boil as this will reduce the amount of alcohol in the mixture.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the teabags for ten minutes.
- Pour the wine into mugs to serve. The longer you let it sit, the more the flavours will infuse!