Chai Spiced Apple Muffins
These Chai Spiced Apple Muffins are truly a great way to welcome in the crisp fall weather. Perfectly spiced, soft and fluffy, and topped with glaze and raw sugar, these muffins are your morning chai's new best friends.
As the muffins baked, the whole house smelled of chai spices and we were all ready for cooler season! Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS(Makes: 6 large or 12 small muffins)
- 2 tbsp of Prana Chai, Original Blend
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cup of self-raising flour
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 1.5 cup of diced poached or tinned apples
- 1 tbsp of butter, melted
- 1 tbsp of raw sugar
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C (338 °F)
- Place muffin cases in a muffin tin.
- In a small saucepan, place the Prana Chai and the milk. Slowly bring to the boil then turn off the heat and allow to sit for 10 minutes before straining. Set aside to allow to cool (about 5 minutes).
- In a large bowl, mix the flour and brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil and strained milk.
- Stir the egg mixture into the flour, mix gently, then fold through the apples.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin cases, filling them to ¾
- Place in the oven and bake for 20–25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush with melted butter. Combine the sugar and cinnamon then sprinkle on top of muffins while still warm.