Chai Spiced Banana Cake
Sharmila Jasmine Kumaran (@sweetbitesofmine), a healthy desserts recipe developer & photographerhas taken her love of chai to another level by whipping up a Chai Spiced Banana Cake!
Topped with crumbled ginger cookies and maple syrup, this fragrant cake is soft and light with a crunchy cookie sweetness. Enjoy!
- 2 cups overripe mashed banana (frozen banana works really well)
- 1/4 cup vegan butter (or dairy butter for a non-vegan alternative)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup freshly brewed Prana Chai Vegan Blend
- 1/3 cup raw sugar
- 1.5 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup ginger cookies (crumbled)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F) and lightly grease a cake pan with butter or oil.
- If using frozen bananas, defrost in the microwave (the liquid from the frozen bananas adds a lovely softness to the cake).
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until soft.
- Use an electric beater to whip the butter together with the sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients (plain and pastry flour, baking powder, baking soda).
- Pour the chai tea to the banana mixture.
- Fold the flour mixture to the banana mixture
- Pour batter to the cake pan and bake for 45-50 minutes and let cool for an hour.
- Once cooled, add the crumbed ginger cookies and pour maple syrup over the top.
Author: Sharmila from @sweetbitesofmine