Chai Tofu Brownie
We use our Vegan Blend to make these delicious high protein brownies completely cruelty free!
- Organic Tofu 300g
- Prana Chai 45g (Heaped 3TBSP)
- Maple Syrup 3TBSP
- Vanilla Extract 1 tsp
- Coconut Oil ⅓ Cup
- Dark Chocolate (Cacao 70% or above) 100g
- Potato Starch 6 heaped TBSP
- Raw cacao powder 3 heaped TBSP (No sugar)
- Baking Soda ½ tsp
- Pinch of salt (pink or celtic)
*Optional: pecan, blueberries, yoghurt, cinnamon powder
- Pre-heat the oven at 180c
- Melt the dark chocolate (Bring about an inch of water to a simmer in your saucepan. Set the heatproof bowl in the mouth of the pot, making sure the water doesn't touch the bottom of the bowl. Stir chocolate occasionally as it softens.)
- In a little pot, brew 45g of Prana Chai in 100ml hot water for about 2 to 3 minutes and strain
- In a blender, place the tofu (drained), maple syrup, vanilla extract, coconut oil, melted dark chocolate and the brewed tea and blend until creamy
- In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Stir until combined
- Divide the mixture evenly between the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until tops are no longer wet and a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out with crumbs, not wet batter. Transfer to a cooling rack.
- When the muffins are cool enough, add optional toppings and enjoy!
- They are super delicious with a cup of chai
- It tastes even better the next day
- If you use silicone muffin tray, no need the paper liners
- To store, place them in a plastic bag, seal, and store in fridge for 3 to 5 days. To freeze, wrap them tightly in aluminum foil or place them in freezer bags. Freeze for up to 3 months.