Sweet Potato Chai Spiced Cake Recipe
Load up on fibre with this healthy sweet potato cake packed with honey, spices and chai. Perfect for those winter mornings!
Do you have a delicious recipe with hidden vegetables? We'd love to share your healthy recipes with our community, too.
- 1 sweet potato
- 3 tbsp Prana Chai
- 200ml water
- 100g flour
- 50g melted butter
- 2 eggs
- half tsp minced ginger
- half tsp cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- ️Slice the sweet potato in half and microwave for 5-8 minutes depending on the size of your sweet potato and power of your microwave. Make sure it’s soft then mash!
- ️Make the chai concentrate by adding the water and chai into a pan of simmering water
- ️Add the ginger, cinnamon, cloves and honey. Simmer for two minutes then leave to cool.
- ️In a bowl, add the flour, eggs, melted butter, vanilla essence and mashed sweet potato. Pour the chai concentrate in and mix!
- ️In the oven at 180 for about 20-25mins. Leave the sweet potato and chai mixture to cool as you don’t wanna cook the eggs!
Too dry? Add more water.
Too runny? Add more flour.