It may look like dessert, but guess what? This energy bar passes for breakfast, too. Full of flavor, these bars mix almonds, pepitas, dates, cinnamon, quinoa flakes and just a touch of salt and a little spicy with #OnlyTheGoodStuff.
- ¼ cup almond slivers
- ¼ cup pepitas
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- ½ cup rice malt syrup
- 2 tablespoons of Prana Chai, Masala Blend
- 2 tablespoons (30g) of butter, melted
- ½ cup of desiccated coconut
- 1 pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cardamom
- 4 dates (70g), chopped
- Preheat oven to 160˚C.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper, and place the almond slivers and pepitas on one tray, and the quinoa flakes on the second tray.
- Place in the oven and cook for 5–10 minutes until they turn a light golden color. Remove from oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the rice malt syrup and Prana Chai in a small saucepan, and slowly bring to the boil. Turn off the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes before straining.
- In a bowl mix the coconut, salt, cardamom, dates, almonds, pepitas and quinoa together. Add the syrup mixture and melted butter to the bowl then combine.
- Line a 20cm x 20cm tray with baking paper, and then press the mixture into the tray. Cover the top of the mixture with cling film and press firmly into the tray to give a nice flat surface.
- Place the tray in the refrigerator and allow to set for an hour.
- Remove, trim edges and then cut into 12 bars.